Wungening Moort is a Consortium of Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations, established to deliver In-Home Support Services for Aboriginal families living in the Perth metropolitan area.
The Consortium comprises:
- Wungening Aboriginal Corporation (Lead Agency)
- Ebenezer Homes Incorporated
- Coolabaroo Community Services
- Moorditj Koort
Wungening Moort will provide a culturally responsive and integrated service and will work to empower Aboriginal families to make the changes they need to make to keep their children safe at home.
What We Do
Wungening Moort will work with and support families in their home to address practical and therapeutic support needs (e.g. parenting skills, counselling, and cultural healing) in a culturally responsive manner.
We will use a range of culturally appropriate assessment methods, tools and supports, and work with the Department for Child Protection and Family Support to address crisis issues facing families and impacting on the immediate safety for children.
Support will include working in Aboriginal Ways, and using an Aboriginal Family Group Decision Making approach to achieve sustainable outcomes for Aboriginal children, families and communities to:
- Improve parenting skills and break cycles of intergenerational trauma
- Increase parenting capacity to get children to school
- Rebuild functional family support structures
- Improve and develop culturally safe support networks
Referrals to Wungening Moort can only be made through:
- The Department of Communities – Child Protection and Family support:
- State-wide Referral and Response Service
- Intensive Family Support Team
- Children in Care Team
- Family Support Networks